Saturday, December 5, 2009

{ Christmas Tree Ornaments }


I bought some clear ornaments from Roberts



Then I put christmas words on them using scrapbook rub-ons.






This is where it got interesting...im not exactly sure what I did, I kinda just experimented with Elmers glue, water, & white glitter.

I mixed 1 part glue with 3 parts water (I would recommend using 1 part glue and 2 parts water)

Poured the mixture into the bulb and then poured glitter into it, swirled it around untill the whole inside was covered.

I had to do it several times, I would let it dry for a while and the come back and do it again.




*Make sure you take the tops off first*


Im not a huge fan of gold (actually I hate gold!) so I painted the tops white, with craft glue.
Im sure white spray paint would work too.


I let everything dry overnight && hung them on my tree.

I think I still want to find some white stuff that looks like snow to put inside them too, to make the words pop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment